Forum moderator: wat, nul4x0, pharotek, x1leg3ndx  
Forum » Public Discussion » Public Discussion » Battle Group league
Battle Group league
PanteonDate: Thursday, 2010-12-23, 2:33 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Blocked
Awards: 0
Hello,

Some of the german community are clearly fed up with the current situation. We are not able to participate in wars for years now, especially if it is about Battle Group.

We have decided to create a Battle Group league with the best Battle Group clans at the moment, where we are sure that they don`t hack, cheat or flame. We are in the early stages of planning it but we are actually getting on very well. This is going to be for european clans only at first. That does not mean that american players can`t participate into the matches. But we will have to keep the number of players outside of Europe as small as possible.

We would like to have your clan in this league. I am sure your clan is not cheating or flaming and plays with heart and honour. We are collecting clans at the moment so that we will get up a website later on after having 10 good, willed clans. We please you to take this serious if you are going to participate, so that the matches can always take place on the set date. This can be seen as a Beta phase. Because we are going to test this with 10 clans from Europe.

Is your clan active enough to help us, creating this league and to get back to the old days?

Looking forward to your answer.

~Panteon

squintDate: Thursday, 2010-12-23, 2:49 PM | Message # 2
Admin
Group: General
Awards: 13
There was something similar in the past called "Clan Alliance" - but over time that has diminished.

Your suggestions sounds like a good idea, and i speak for BC when i say we will be happy to participate.
Assuming each clan is left with enough notice to arrange a team for each match... ok.

Keep us updated in the development of this idea.

But we will be happy to take part - Let the battle commence!

pharotekDate: Thursday, 2010-12-23, 8:49 PM | Message # 3
Colonel general
Group: Colonal General
Quote (squint)
i speak for BC when i say we will be happy to participate.

Since when has Squint(!), out of all the people in the clan, had any say on matters regarding BattleCry?

---------------

On more serious note, I'm bit sceptical about the overall success possibilites of this new league (track record of similar things in the past has not been so good), mainly because running it smoothly will require considerable amount of work/dedication/time from the key people of the league organization. But nonetheless, I'm interested to see how it turns out.

---------------

Bonus: I'm curious which clans are the canditates for this initial stage of the league?

PanteonDate: Friday, 2010-12-24, 11:27 AM | Message # 4
Private
The past has been unsuccessfull because of the promises made by GamersFirst related to the clansystem. That is a reason why nobody felt responsible for the project anymore. We will proceed very carefully so that there won`t be any gaps.
The key people are going to be 10. There will be 10 players in the leadership of the whole league to prevent negative influence by only one player of the leadership. The leadership will be made out of the 10 leaders of every clan. There will be 10 clans, like I said. This is going to be a Beta Phase.

Clans:
-No Man`s Land
-SlayerSixx
-BattleCry
-OXGaming
-Mustard Masters

So far.

We would appreciate it if you have more good Battle Group clans. Simply because we are searching for good ones and not for cannon fodder.

squintDate: Friday, 2010-12-24, 11:47 AM | Message # 5
Admin
If you are in search of BG clans (EU based):

-GraveDiggaZ

(NA)
-Guardian Angels

spykerrDate: Friday, 2010-12-24, 7:05 PM | Message # 6
Major general
Group: Sergeant
Blackbirds, if they're still active..

*Proud to be a vehicle nub*

noreenvbDate: Friday, 2010-12-24, 10:18 PM | Message # 7
Major general
Awards: 2
sounds like fun ...those clans r fair and have great players ..slayer six r a bunch of cool guys .I think its a good idea to ask the diggaz aswell ,maybe they will join in .

PanteonDate: Saturday, 2010-12-25, 4:29 PM | Message # 8
Private
Policy

The Allstar league is getting played like a normal league. 10 Clans are going to play each other one time on 9 matchdays. The season schedule will be set by the administrators. The matches take place every Sunday at 8 p.m. GMT. There will be 3 points given for the winner. In the case of a draw both opponents gain 1 point each. A loss will result with 0 points in the table. If there are two teams left with the same amount of points by the end of the season there is going to be a deciding match to elect the champion.

Game rules

Each team chooses one map, whereby however the opponent is allowed to choose the side. So that there are going to be 2 rounds within 1 match. The settings have to be 40 minutes of time limit and 200 points.

Rules

-matches are set as an 8 vs. 8 (Exceptions are possible after mutual agreement)
-clans are obligated to appear in time
-results will get uploaded as screenshots after the end of the game
-no flaming, hacking or bugusing. Violation against these rules will result in an exclusion from the tournament
-there aren`t any other rules or restrictions

We have the rules in german and english. It is up to you if you translate them into french. Probably we are going to get them in italian as well.

PanteonDate: Saturday, 2010-12-25, 4:34 PM | Message # 9
Private
I don`t want you to translate it into french. Don`t you have an edit function?

We are beginning to build the website.

cowkingDate: Saturday, 2010-12-25, 5:37 PM | Message # 10
Colonel general
Just ban awf and all is fine.

Warrock PTSD

pharotekDate: Saturday, 2010-12-25, 7:11 PM | Message # 11
Colonel general
The rules don't seem too bad actually, I have couple of suggestions though:
Quote (Panteon)
Policy

The Allstar league is getting played like a normal league. 10 Clans are going to play each other one time on 9 matchdays. The season schedule will be set by the administrators. The matches take place every Sunday at 8 p.m. GMT.

I'd very much like to have the match time set one or two hours earlier, because 8 pm gmt is actually getting pretty late for scrimming on gmt +2 time zone.

There will be 3 points given for the winner. In the case of a draw both opponents gain 1 point each. A loss will result with 0 points in the table. If there are two teams left with the same amount of points by the end of the season there is going to be a deciding match to elect the champion.

Small clarificaton on how match winner is determined:
Is it calculated from overall map wins?
Team-A wins on map-1 and map-2 -> Team-A wins the match
Team-A wins on map-1 but loses map-2 -> Match is a tie
Team-A loses both maps -> Team-B wins the match

Or from overall kills vs deaths of both teams?
Team-A wins map-1 by 50 kills but loses map-2 by 30 kills -> Team-A still wins the match as a whole because their kill vs death is +20 (Team-B is -20)
Obviously winning both maps still results in match win and losing both maps results in match loss

Game rules

Each team chooses one map, whereby however the opponent is allowed to choose the side. So that there are going to be 2 rounds within 1 match. The settings have to be 40 minutes of time limit and 200 points.

Rules

-matches are set as an 8 vs. 8 (Exceptions are possible after mutual agreement)
-clans are obligated to appear in time
-results will get uploaded as screenshots after the end of the game
-no flaming, hacking or bugusing. Violation against these rules will result in an exclusion from the tournament
-there aren`t any other rules or restrictions

Echoing what cowking already mentioned, I too am going to advocate for some restrictions on allowed weapons/gear because I want these games be decided with quick thinking/tactics rather than which team has more overpowered crap from G1 marketplace in their inventory. Because all the players are going to be good, large disparity in equipment will make huge difference and that's just bad. Worst offenders are aw50f (on any map really but particularly pargona east) and javelin (maps without air vehicles) as they both really skew the balance of otherwise equal match.

My suggestion is just flat out forbid any "G1 marketplace only" item, except for 8th slot guns.
Or even better, go ESL style meaning only f2p weapons and only slots 1-4.

PanteonDate: Saturday, 2010-12-25, 8:20 PM | Message # 12
Private
I'd very much like to have the match time set one or two hours earlier, because 8 pm gmt is actually getting pretty late for scrimming on gmt +2 time zone.

We knew this would bring up a discussion. We have considered the players which are working, so that we are sure that these players are there when we are starting. Simply because the main locations of these players are going to be France or Italy. However I see your point. We meant 7 p.m. GMT instead of 8 p.m. GMT.

Small clarificaton on how match winner is determined:
Is it calculated from overall map wins?
Team-A wins on map-1 and map-2 -> Team-A wins the match
Team-A wins on map-1 but loses map-2 -> Match is a tie
Team-A loses both maps -> Team-B wins the match

This. We have to keep the rules as simple as possible, so that we will get as less troubles as possible.

Echoing what cowking already mentioned, I too am going to advocate for some restrictions on allowed weapons/gear because I want these games be decided with quick thinking/tactics rather than which team has more overpowered crap from G1 marketplace in their inventory. Because all the players are going to be good, large disparity in equipment will make huge difference and that's just bad. Worst offenders are aw50f (on any map really but particularly pargona east) and javelin (maps without air vehicles) as they both really skew the balance of otherwise equal match.

My suggestion is just flat out forbid any "G1 marketplace only" item, except for 8th slot guns.
Or even better, go ESL style meaning only f2p weapons and only slots 1-4.

No. We won`t play with ESL rules. The idea with the 8th slot weapons only is kind of good but we should discuss this at first. I support the idea of forbidding the AW50F or maybe even the Javelin. But only from specific maps. Maybe we can put the Barret instead of the AW50F. Because if you would have a good pilot in an Apache you would lose many points during the game. Forbidding weapons like this would take away the suspense.

Message edited by Panteon - Saturday, 2010-12-25, 9:58 PM

PanteonDate: Saturday, 2010-12-25, 8:20 PM | Message # 13
Private
You really need to implement an edit function dry

squintDate: Saturday, 2010-12-25, 8:35 PM | Message # 14
Admin
I think i expect people to be able to use the internet - and not make mistakes wink (ill see about granting you special privileges)

Merry Christmas!

edit: try that... you should be able to edit your own messages/threads

nulDate: Sunday, 2010-12-26, 10:34 PM | Message # 15
Generalissimo
Awards: 3
my kids go to bed at 7pm gmt (winter time). getting drunk and ready takes approx 1 hour (without m.)
ok better dont take me as reference, i would prefer 10pm++++++ gmt as standard scrim time anyway.

web 1.0 fossil
i have a 3000€ pc which is mad fast - and a 0.50€ wireless gsm uplink which makes me kill you ALL

pharotekDate: Monday, 2010-12-27, 11:55 AM | Message # 16
Colonel general
Quote (Panteon)

We knew this would bring up a discussion. We have considered the players which are working, so that we are sure that these players are there when we are starting. Simply because the main locations of these players are going to be France or Italy. However I see your point. We meant 7 p.m. GMT instead of 8 p.m. GMT.

Ok

This. We have to keep the rules as simple as possible, so that we will get as less troubles as possible.

Ok

No. We won`t play with ESL rules. The idea with the 8th slot weapons only is kind of good but we should discuss this at first. I support the idea of forbidding the AW50F or maybe even the Javelin. But only from specific maps. Maybe we can put the Barret instead of the AW50F. Because if you would have a good pilot in an Apache you would lose many points during the game. Forbidding weapons like this would take away the suspense.

Banned guns really have to be banned on all maps, because otherwise the problem isn't even solved and it causes confusion if you coud use some gun on one map but not on the other map. In my previous post I intended my suggestions as an easy to remember rules that would take care of most balance issues (or at least what I see as real problems). But if I really narrow it down these are the most imbalanced items and it would be for greater good if they weren't allowed imo:
-AW50F: simply best gun for every range after 15m more or less, kills most vehicles too. OP beyond reproach, even Calasoma admitted the gun is out of bounds.
-Javelin: it isn't imba by default, but if only one team has javelin it basically means only that team is allowed to do anything remotely useful with ground vehicles, which in turn leads to ever-so-fun tank baserape real quick.
-MK1S: 562 autofire grenades spammed blindly at users feet and to the walls until enemy is dead is true skill & great fun, not. Most often happens inside base when mk1s scrub has just been killed and then he hes ample time to kill every enemy in the base by himself because he has spawn shield and portable nuke launcher.
-Pipe wrench: There's really nothing fair about it when used by a person very strong in tank-fu (several players in BC for example), just take my word for it. Makes tank pretty much indestructible short of driving into 3x mine or getting ganged upon by 3 heavies.
-XM8: it's like famas, except larger clip, no recoil at all and scope. It has pretty much double effective/accurate range compared to any other AR, which is pretty relevant in BG.

I haven't used or even seen the new guns released during the past 2 months, so I don't know about those.

Quote (nul4x0)
i would prefer 10pm++++++ gmt as standard scrim time anyway.

Maybe you should campaign Saturday night for the game time, doesn't really matter what time games start on Saturday (unlike Sunday because of Monday). biggrin

sissycrewDate: Monday, 2010-12-27, 1:45 PM | Message # 17
Lieutenant general
Quote (pharotek)
Maybe you should campaign Saturday night for the game time, doesn't really matter what time games start on Saturday (unlike Sunday because of Monday).

bad idea saturday is party day tongue

* You will not win, Cause we will not lose. *

pharotekDate: Monday, 2010-12-27, 1:50 PM | Message # 18
Colonel general
Quote (sissycrew)
saturday is party day

I thought it was friday wink

PanteonDate: Tuesday, 2010-12-28, 5:22 PM | Message # 19
Private
Do you guys have any contact to Guardian Angels?

squintDate: Tuesday, 2010-12-28, 8:13 PM | Message # 20
Admin
GA website: http://guardianangels.enjin.com/
They also have a page/group on facebook.

Alternatively pm me your email, I'll forward it on

Forum » Public Discussion » Public Discussion » Battle Group league
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Website builderuCoz